top of page

Call Us Today -

Email Us -

Open Hours - 9am - 5pm (EST)

Address - 80 King Street, Suite 10, Welland, ON L3B 3J2

Work Permit

Work Permit

Are you looking to work in Canada on a temporary basis? Then you will likely need a work permit. A work permit is a legal document that allows you to work in Canada for a specific period of time and employer.

There are several types of work permits available in Canada, including:

These permits allow you to work for any employer in Canada, except for an employer who offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services, or erotic massages. To be eligible for an open work permit, you must meet certain criteria such as being a spouse or common-law partner of a student or worker or being a refugee claimant.

Open Work Permits

Open Work Permits

These permits allow you to work for a specific employer in Canada and are generally issued for a specific duration. To be eligible for an employer-specific work permit, you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer and meet the requirements of the job.

To apply for a work permit in Canada, you will need to submit an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) along with the necessary supporting documents. This may include proof of your job offer, your passport, and proof of financial support.

It is good to mention that there are several categories of temporary workers who are exempt from the requirement to hold a work permit in Canada. These include:

  1. Business visitors: Individuals who are coming to Canada to engage in international business activities without directly entering the Canadian labour market.

  2. Participants in exchange programs: Individuals who are participating in exchange programs that are organized by international student exchange organizations or designated learning institutions.

  3. Live-in caregivers: Individuals who are coming to Canada to provide care for children, seniors, or individuals with high medical needs on a live-in basis.

  4. Some journalists, broadcasters, and other media personnel

  5. Some performing artists and athletes

  6. Some clergy and other religious workers

  7. Some military personnel and family members

Need some help navigating the often-complex process of obtaining a work permit in Canada? RA Migration is here for you! Our team of skilled immigration consultants is ready to lend a helping hand, guiding you through each step of the process and ensuring that your application is as strong as possible. Don't hesitate to reach out to us today to schedule a consultation and get your work journey in Canada started. We're looking forward to hearing from you!


Take the first step towards a new life, choose our immigration Consulting services.

bottom of page